Knitsense

Personal thoughts on knitting, crochet, and other aspects of my life...

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Another Swap...Another Fabulous Swap Package!


I received a fantastic package from my Knitters' Coffee Swap partner, Leslie. Oh my gosh...she sent me garden-y goodness in the form of a packet of sage seeds and a sage scented soy candle (try to say that three times fast), 2 different types of coffee from a company called "Bad Ass", 3 different types of chocolate (the Lindt's had to immediately go in the fridge...damn postman left the box right in the sun), and 2 skeins of luscious hand-dyed, handspun yarn...that she spun herself!

How lucky am I? A girl who lives for hand-dyed, handspun luxury yarns gets paired up with a handspinner of luxury fibers who has a friend who is a hand-dyer...does life get any better?

Just take a look at this Navajo Three-ply 100% Silk Tussah. The picture doesn't even show how beautiful it is...gorgeous shades of blues and greens.

Thank you so much, Leslie, for such a thoughtful package!

Now, for my calculations...

I first used my handy-dandy WPI tool and counted 20 WPI. Based on this, the yarn would be fingering weight.

I then weighed the yarn cake which came to 1 1/4 oz. I translated this to approximately 35 grams which I calculated to be approximately 154 yards per skein.

This yardage calculation was confirmed by my yarn meter which counted the skein (as it wound from the swift to the ball winder) as 146 yards. (The yarn meter is relatively accurately +/- 10%.) Since I have 2 skeins, I probably have around 300 yards of fingering weight yarn.

Hmm...what to make? Any ideas?

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

looks yummy! hope you're having a great Friday!

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home