Knitsense

Personal thoughts on knitting, crochet, and other aspects of my life...

Saturday, April 28, 2007

Fantastic SP Package!

I have received a fabulous package from my SP10 spoiler...seriously! She sent me a little bit of everything...I have certainly been spoiled.

The package started with the usual assortment of multi-colored tissue-wrapped bundles which, quite honestly, I never grow tired of. Unfortunately, I started ripping things open so quickly that I didn't even think to get the camera out...I guess I was just too excited.


Inside, there was yarn, chocolate, gum, a candle, playing cards, a refrigerator magnet, post-it notes, a key chain, and jewelry...that's right, jewelry...WOW!


To break it down more...the yarn: a skein of Araucania Nature Wool Chunky in a pretty dusty rose color. The Nature Wool is 131 yards and 3.5 stitches to the inch...I'm trying to figure out what to make with it. It would definitely make a pretty felted bowl from Oneskein. Also, I received two balls of Peru DK which is a lovely Alpaca/Silk blend in a beautiful soft blue. Each ball has 124 yards and knits up to a 5.5 st gauge. Ideas, anyone?


The chocolate: Lindt Raspberry Dark Chocolate Truffles; the gum: Orbit; the candle: Malaysian Melon; the playing cards and the Post-it Notes: both have a dog theme making them quite appropriate for me; the keychain: a Sock Blocker with a mini-sock pattern for the blocker/keychain to wear; and the refrigerator magnet: an adorable sheep magnet.




The jewelry is a necklace and I love it. I have already worn it twice and each time, I get compliments on it wherever I go. It is soooo my taste that it is really quite amazing that someone who has never met me, my secret pal, could have picked it out for me.

I recently had my hair (re)colored and it matches my hair...I kid you not.

(Forgive the photos...it is not easy to photograph yourself.)




I already said it privately; but, let me say it again publicly...Secret Pal, thank you so much!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home