Knitsense

Personal thoughts on knitting, crochet, and other aspects of my life...

Thursday, March 22, 2007

A Secret Pal 10 Contest

My SP 10 Hostess, Shelby, is hosting a contest for participants in her SP 10 group. Here are the details:
It's a 2 parter!! First: You must have your questionnaire posted where your pal can easily find it.
Check!
Second: I'd like to see what you're all working on! Please make a post, where you pick one of your favorite current projects and explain why you love it so much! What yarn and pattern are you using? Who is it for??
Here you go, Shelby...


For my favorite current project, I could pick my Rockin' Sock Club 2007 socks. I am loving knitting these. I love the yarn, I love this club colorway (Monsoon), and I especially love this pattern. I would have chosen this project; but, it is currently on hold. For the stretchy, ribbed foot and instep to fit correctly, I am going down in needle size to a-believe it or not-US #000, which I do not have, and am still waiting to receive the needle I ordered.

Then, I could pick my Chevron Scarf, from the Last-Minute Knitted Gifts book. I am enjoying the pattern and what it does with the two different variegated yarns. I love how the colors are showing up. But, alas, it is a scarf...my track record with finishing scarves is not that great. And, I can already feel the boredom setting in at the thought of continuing this same pattern for another 70 inches, or so. All that said, I am not choosing this as my current favorite project.

Instead, I will go the route of sweet and simple, and choose the Peekaboo Mittens, from MagKnits, as my current favorite project. These are easy, quick, and a really fun design. I am actually making these up for the store so I am using the suggested yarn, which is Lamb's Pride Worsted. One of the perks of working at the shop is that I can knit up anything I want, with no charge for the materials, as long as I leave the finished item at the store for six months. Then, it is mine. My fingers are somewhat long and this mitten is a snitch too short for my fingers, so I may end up gifting it; but, I don't know yet to whom.




A picture of my little ones...Elphie and Patriot...they're just too cute not to show off, even though they are looking pretty serious here.

5 Comments:

Blogger Shelby said...

Great mittens! This little contest has been very dangerous- now i want to make everything! My credit card is shaking in my wallet! ;)

I love the start on your RSC Monsoon socks! I'm casting on this weekend (finally balled it up Wednesday night). Hopefully I won't have to go down TOO far!! The smallest needles I have are 0s.

8:43 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

your pups are too cute! :) i hope you have a wonderful night!

7:02 PM  
Blogger Natalie said...

Too cute. You are making great stuff!

7:55 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

Your Peekaboo Mittens look great! I'm the designer, so I've just been poking around the Internet to see who's been making them. I'm glad you like the pattern - and I know some other people found the finger part too long! Go figure. :)

7:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm getting a package for you ready I expect to mail it around the 12th :D

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home