Knitsense

Personal thoughts on knitting, crochet, and other aspects of my life...

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

A Gift of Many Colors

Last night, I got home from work late; it was after 10 pm when I saw the brown box that had been delivered. Seeing as the hubby is out of town, I am the only one on dog and cat duty. So, I placed the box on the counter until I had the time to open it. It was difficult to not just say "screw the animals, I'm opening my package!" But, I went about my duties of changing out of my work clothes, taking 4 dogs out to do their duty (no pun intended), and then feeding 4 dogs and 3 cats. It was now after 11pm when I grabbed a glass of wine, my brown box, and headed into bed, accompanied by 2 dogs and 2 cats.

When I opened the box the first thing I saw was an envelope telling me to wait to open the letter until I had unwrapped everything...very mysterious. But, generally being good at following instructions, that is just what I did.


(sorry about the blurriness)

When I lifted out the envelope, and the shipping paper, etc., this is what I saw...



How beautiful! And, exciting, too! I carefully opened each individual colored wrap. I took my time and enjoyed every moment! It was so much fun...thank you Secret Pal for that!

A bounty of goodies awaited me. She sent 3 knitting patterns with the yarn to complete all 3 projects. Knowing that I am not a good finisher of larger projects, they were all for small accessory-type items...and there was more.



One of the 3 patterns was for a Textured Slip Stitch Dishcloth, and yarn for both a yellow-based and lavender-based cloth. The second pattern was for a Baby Feet Cloth (I'm not sure what that is but it looks like a fun, interesting pattern and I can't wait to start), and the yarn, and the 3rd pattern was for a beautiful lacey neck covering, with a skein of luxurious teal colored Alpaca to make it with. In addition, she sent some delicious smelling apple soap, a book on preparing Fingerfood, 2 packs of gum-sour cherry and sour apple-, point protectors for circular needles, and chocolate covered cookie wafers...yummy! And, the inside of the box smelled fabulous...I think it was from the soap.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! What a great package! I guess you did get to know me, after all.

Oh, back to the white envelope. The note inside explained how she decided on the items and revealed who she was. Even though it seemed to lull Patriot and Jonathan to sleep; for me, this package was so much fun to open.



So, once again, thank you! I really appreciate all that you did...Peaceable Imperatrix. Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger Imperatrix said...

Glad you liked it!

If you go to the link on the baby feet cloth pattern print-out, you'll see what they look like (I thought the bobble toe idea was genius!).

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home