Knitsense

Personal thoughts on knitting, crochet, and other aspects of my life...

Monday, August 14, 2006

Baby Groove

My secret pal spoilee (who, by the way, is due with her first baby any day now) has been knitting a plethora (I just love using that word) of baby items! It is unbelievable how many things she has completed recently...

This has definitely inspired me to knit baby things. At first, I didn't think I had any babies to knit for; but then I realized that I do. Best of all, I get the gratification of a finished item in a relatively short amount of time. I started by buying this book Itty-bitty Hats.




The first hat I knit was this "upside-down daisy" hat from the book.




I then remembered that I had never given a gift to a girl who I work with who was pregnant with twins. I started knitting hats and booties early on; but, got stuck when I got to the second hat. I seem to have that second-anything syndrome. She had twin boys. They just had their first birthday. Oops! Since the hats and booties were a 3 month size, it wasn't long before they were no longer a suitable gift. So, I looked in the book and made these hats in a 1-2 years size.




Now that I was in the baby knitting groove, I decided to try out a pattern from the One Skein book. I made the Baby Bolero which is a newborn size and I will be sending it in my last package to my spoilee. It is made out of Blue Sky Alpaca Organic Cotton which is amazingly soft and free of any dyes.




Finally, since hats are probably my most favorite thing to knit, I knit one for myself. They are always for myself when I knit them, but since I already have so many completed hats "for myself," it is very possible it may end up being a gift at some point. This Droplet Hat is from the beautiful Knitting Nature book.

Since I can't take a decent picture of my knitting to save my life, it is hard to see the detail. The bobbles are supposed to represent water droplets running down a trail of leaves. It was a fun pattern to knit and I knit it out of 1 skein of Donegal Tweed.

My next baby project to complete is the hat and booties that I started for the twins. I know someone else who is expecting a boy mid September and I will only need 1 set so I should be able to get my act together to complete the booties on time.

1 Comments:

Blogger stacyo said...

so cute!!!

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home