Knitsense

Personal thoughts on knitting, crochet, and other aspects of my life...

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Swap Meet

Oh, how I love when the USPS truck stops in front of my house and rings the bell...

I received my package from my Hot Socks Swap partner...Yippee! I have been spoiled!



There are 2 skeins of a gorgeous Lorna's Laces yarn in the color called 'Cool'. It doesn't show well in the photo. It is beautiful shades of turquoise blue blending into other blues, green, and even some purple tones. And, not showing in the photo is, what looks like, hand-made sterling silver stitch markers with gorgeous blue glass beads. I love them. The rings are small...ideal for sock needles and the beads on them coordinate perfectly with the yarn.

Being that it was the Hot Socks swap (combining sock yarn with hot beverages), she sent some whole bean Kona coffee. I have brewed it and it is wonderful. And, as if I wouldn't already be feeling like I had died and gone to heaven with rich coffee and beautiful sock yarn, she sent some extra goodies: an aromatherapy lavender candle, several Spicy Chai tea bags, Ferrero Rocher and a dark chocolate bar...yumm-o! Do I need to say that the chocolate is gone? I had to really focus just to keep it until the photo was taken. Finally, she included a packet of these very cute winter-themed Page Bubbles.

This was such a thoughtful package...thank you so much Hot Socks Swap partner!!

The swaps I have participated in have been so enjoyable that I signed up for another one today. Where the Hot Socks swap was specifically about sock yarn and your swap partner's favorite hot beverage, whatever that may be; this new swap is specific about the hot beverage, which is coffee, and not so specific about the yarn...as long as it is not the crappy stuff.

This is the Knitters Coffee Swap. In this swap, you must love coffee (perfect for the serious coffee connoisseur in me) and be a knitter or crocheter. If you're interested, click the link quick. They are only taking the first 50 people and the sign ups end on November 8th, or earlier if they reach 50 before then.


It's getting close...4 Days Until Stitches

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home