Knitsense

Personal thoughts on knitting, crochet, and other aspects of my life...

Friday, December 29, 2006

Secret Santa

At the salon where I work, we draw a name out of a bag to determine which coworker we will be gifting each holiday season. Then, the gifts are exchanged during our annual company holiday dinner. This is my 3rd holiday season working there. The first year, I picked the name of the salon owner and for his gift, I knit A a scarf. Well, that set the precedence. Last year for my gift, I knit K a scarf. This year, I picked V and, so as not to disappoint, I knew I had to knit. Just to keep it interesting, instead of a scarf I knit her these very 'Fetching' fingerless gloves, and headband, made from 1 skein of Nashua Handknits Creative Focus Worsted, color Zinnia.



Originally, I had only thought about making the mitts. But, they knit up so quickly, and I had so much yarn left over that I made V the headband, and even had enough yarn to make another one (slightly narrower) for myself. I just kind of winged it with the headband using an old Estonian Long Eye Stitch pattern that I learned in my Stitches East class with Merike Saarniit.



On the receiving end of things, I'm one of a group of 5 women friends, who also knit. Each Wednesday, we meet for lunch and afternoon knitting. Each holiday season, we also choose a name from a bag to determine which friend to gift. M drew my name this year and spoiled me rotten with this basket filled with luscious knitting goodies.


In the basket was an adorable "Sock Blocker" keychain with a pattern for a little sock to fit the blocker, some "Handknit by You" tags, a cute notebook specifically geared to sock knitting, and not one, but two gorgeous skeins of Fleece Artist Merino sock yarn. Huzzah!



And, one other knitterly gift received was from my sister-in-law (and spouse)...a pair of neon orange (US size 11) Knit Lite knitting needles. Too fun!!


Can a knitster girl ever have too many accessories?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home