Knitsense

Personal thoughts on knitting, crochet, and other aspects of my life...

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Stitches East - The Loot

Somewhat overdue, but...here's the damage done at the Stitches market.

First, the yarn...clockwise, I bought cashmere, silk, bamboo, wool/alpaca, hemp, various lace weight, and lots of sock weight merino.



Next, the non-yarn goodies. From back to front, left to right, there are stitch markers, goat milk soap, earrings, glass circular needles, and miscellaneous paper products (notecards, refrigerator pads, and post-its).



Also, I bought the book Victorian Lace Today by Jane Sowerby. XRX, the publisher of the book and organizer of Stitches, debuted the book with a fashion show and talk by the author. I have to say that it is a beautiful book with gorgeous photographs. However, seeing the garments modeled up close made all the difference because you cannot get the full beauty of the pieces from the pictures in the book. And, of course, I had my copy signed by Jane.

The image “http://ec2.images-amazon.com/images/P/1933064072.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_V39001762_.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.


And finally, what I did not pay for yet is priceless are the other autographs that I got. I lugged these 3 books with me from home to Stitches. I actually had to fly with a 2nd suitcase because, with these 3 books, my suitcase would have weighed over 50 lbs. (It worked out well, though, since that 2nd suitcase carried a lot of my loot home.) And, it was all worth it to get Maggie Jackson, Debbie New, and a living legend himself-Kaffe Fassett-to sign my books.

1 Comments:

Blogger Elinor said...

WOW! You weren't kidding - that is some serious loot! I'm glad you had a good time!!

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home